The Weekly Wellness Corner is not a substitution for professional medical or mental health advice. If you are currently seeing someone for your mental and/or physical health, we encourage you to continue following their instructions. If you are looking for a mental health professional to discuss your individual needs, we recommend you reach out to Purdue’s Counseling and Psychological Services.
My name is Erin and I am a Process Engineer at Southwire in Bremen. We are currently looking to fill another Process Engineering I position. I’ve included the link to the actual job description below. If you are interested, please email me directly so I can get you in contact with my manager. https://careers.southwire.com/ShowJob/JobId/490520/ProcessEngineerI
515 Copperfield Way
Bremen, IN 46506
Process Engineer I
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Job Title: Engineer, Process I
Reports To: Process Engineering Manager
This individual will provide process engineering guidance and support for Heflin plant. The Process Engineer will develop systems, methods, and best practices to help move our organization towards operational excellence. This individual will interface with other areas of the organization to drive continuous improvements and standardization in the manufacturing process.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support modernization strategy, through active involvement in commissioning trials and troubleshooting
- Must be able to clearly document trial iterations and problem-solving approach during troubleshooting.
- Must have a good understanding of equipment functions and be able to transfer operation knowledge clearly and concisely through well documented training
- Identify process improvement opportunities through connected enterprise data and trend analysis.
- Ability to review, document and communicate technical process details into simple and understandable standards to proliferate across the organization to enable:
- Operator training and understanding
- Maintenance requirements and communications
- Process improvement opportunities
- Assist in deployment of center of excellence model for common wire and cable processes by:
- Follow and promote established best practices for process excellence
- Share best practices to help build a centralized knowledge base, including updating processes and procedures upon achieving significant improvements.
- Support in achieving cost out targets, through process improvements.
- Have an ideal mix of technical and hands on approach to successfully deliver on new projects and improvement initiatives.
- Support new product developments and existing products enhancements by collaborating with R&D and leading process aspects of trials including but not limited to, process parameters documentation, product specifications, BOM and run rate accuracy prior to launch
- Engineering degree required – Mechanical, Industrial Electrical engineering degree preferred
- Strong Interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must be a strong team player with a firm personal commitment toward continuous improvements.
- Must have strong analytical skills with the ability to use big data
- Self-starter with a passion for problem solving and continuous improvement – Blending a scientific and hands on approach to help drive towards process excellence.
- 1-2 years Proven experience in a Manufacturing environment – Preferably a continuous manufacturing environment
- Ability and desire to learn technological innovations and applications.
- Software Skills – MS Office, SAP, or other ERP system knowledge
- Must be able to travel to manufacturing sites as needed
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Have you ever thought about pairing your ME Degree with a Masters in Finance? Get ahead of the competition, earn your masters degree right out of your undergraduate program, and increase your earning potential with the MS Finance Program at Krannert. Join us for an IN PERSON info session with Free Pizza!
If you have questions, contact Kyle Rice (firstname.lastname@example.org).