The Study Abroad Office is continuing to work remotely, but we are still very much present. See below on the ways we are working to make getting in contact with us even easier for you and your students:
1) Virtual Advising Appointments – available by requesting on our website: https://www.purdue.edu/IPPU/SA/About/Appointment.html (students will also find “Make An Appointment” under our contact drop-down).
2) Virtual Information Sessions – we’re hosting a series of virtual information sessions, callouts and webinars throughout the semester! Encourage students to check out our Calendar of Events: https://www.purdue.edu/ippu/apps/events/Calendar/Index/SA (also accessible through the calendar icon on our main page).
3) Video Resource Library – we’ve been recording our virtual sessions so students can go back and review, or see them even if they couldn’t attend live: https://www.purdue.edu/IPPU/SA/Programs/VideoResources.html (also accessible through the Programs drop-down menu).
4) New Advisor Profiles page – to get to know us a bit more, we’ve added a bio page for our advisors to our website as well: https://www.purdue.edu/IPPU/SA/About/Advisors.html (students will find “Study Abroad Advisors” under our contact menu)
5) There will be no study abroad fair this year. Instead, we are replacing it with the virtual video series and virtual callouts for many of our programs.
As for the COVID-19 question, in one of our latest videos “Study Abroad 101 & COVID-19 updates” we address what we know so far about how COVID-19 will affect Spring 2021 and beyond. These updates are at the beginning of the video. In short, we are accepting applications for Spring 2021 and encourage students to apply, but also to have a back-up plan as some locations may become unavailable for Spring 2021.