Purdue Mars is sending their fourth crew of analog astronauts to the Mars Desert Research Station (http://mdrs.marssociety.org). The Mars Desert Research Station (MDRS) is a space analog facility that supports Earth-based research in pursuit of the technology, operations, and science required for human space exploration. Crews will spend a two week rotation working and living together at MDRS, conducting research to further human efforts to Mars and beyond.
Purdue has sent three other crews the last three winters to MDRS and is in search of crew members for the fourth! We are looking for a crew with a diverse backgroud, interests, and skills, so anyone who has an interest in space or space exploration is welcome to apply!
The application linked below will close at 4pm on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020. A round of interview will take place after the initial application. Applicants that are selected for the interviews will be notified by Monday, July 13th, 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Purdue MARS Board
I am the Program/Recruiting Manager for Georgia Tech’s MS in Quantitative and Computational Finance Program . We are one of the only “Financial Engineering” programs in the Southern US, and are currently ranked among the top in QuantNet’s ranking of Financial Engineering Programs in North America. Our students learn the quantitative/analytical and computational skills needed to work in various sectors within the finance industry, including investment banking, sales and trading, asset/wealth management, risk management, financial technology, data science, analytics, consulting and more.
Some quick facts about graduates from our program:
- 96% of QCF Fall 2019 graduates and 100% of Fall 2018 graduates seeking full-time employment were employed within 3 months of graduating from the program.
- Average compensation for Fall 2019 grads was $115k with our highest compensation coming in @ $180k.
- Employers of our recent graduates include: JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Dimensional Fund Advisors, EY, Bank of America, Barclays, Truist, BlackRock, UBS, Millennium Advisors, Goldman Sachs, Deloitte, ICE, Citi, Invesco and more…
- Concepts/projects in Machine Learning will be covered in each core and targeted elective class.
- Students join the program from undergraduate majors in math/applied math, computer science, all engineering, statistics, economics, etc.
- No full-time work experience is required to be admitted to the program and no prior academic experience in finance is required.
Given the recent health crisis and that some students have unexpectedly lost employment opportunities, we have decided to relax our admissions requirements a bit for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 admission for qualified candidates. We will waive the GRE/GMAT requirement for those with a GPA 3.5 or higher. If interested, we encourage you to APPLY by May 20th. I will be hosting a webinar information session about the MS QCF Program on Friday, May 15th @ 12pm EDT/11am CDT and would encourage you to attend. Registration for the webinar can be found HERE Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions in the meantime.
Thank you very much for your time and please keep well!
Academic Program Manager II
MS in Quantitative and Computational Finance Program
Georgia Institute of Technology