2021 Case Workshop
Deloitte Consulting Undergraduate Case Workshop
Are you interested in learning more about Consulting? Do you enjoy working in an interactive team to solve real-life business and technology challenges?
If so, we invite you to participate in the Deloitte Consulting Undergraduate Case Workshop!
What to Expect:
- Practice case competition techniques and receive feedback from Deloitte practitioners
- Gain real world, hands on experience
- Meet Deloitte Consulting leaders
- Prepare for the Deloitte Consulting Case Competition—A three-day long cross-functional case competition that will provide exposure to using technology and human capital to solve real-world challenges.
Case Workshop Details:
|LocatIon||Zoom (Invitation sent upon registration)|
|Time||Wednesday, January 20th | 5pm – 7pm EST|
|Details||Attendees will learn about Deloitte Consulting and the Consulting Case Competition, have an opportunity to practice case competition techniques, and receive feedback from Deloitte practitioners.|
Interested in starting the application for the Deloitte Consulting Case Competition prior to the workshop? Please see the application details below.
There are two tracks that students can compete on for this competition:
- Freshman/Sophomore: compete in a case competition with potential to advance to the Deloitte Consulting National Undergraduate Case Competition
- Junior/Senior: compete in the Purdue case competition only
Applications are accepted for individuals and teams of up to 4 members – all members should be part of the same track. The qualifications to compete are as follows:
- Freshman/Sophomore or Junior/Senior students standing in any program/major
- 3.3 GPA minimum is preferred
- Students must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
To apply for the competition, please submit an online application here for the Freshman/Sophomore track or here for the Junior/Senior track by Wednesday, January 27th. (Note: If you are applying as an individual participant rather than part of a team, please write “N/A” for “team name”. Individuals will be matched with a team, if possible.)
Each team of students should designate one captain to email Karthik Maiya (email@example.com) with the below requested material:
- Resume of each team member
- Competition Track: Freshman/Sophomore or Junior/Senior
- Completed Application Template (attached) – including:
- Team Name
- Team Mission Statement and Bio Slides (optional)
- 100 words or less answers to the following questions:
- How will your team benefit from participating in this case competition?
- How will your team collaborate throughout this competition to achieve success?
- An essay response to the below prompt (200 words max):
Prompt: An enhanced customer experience has become the largest priority for many companies to attract consumers to their brick & mortar locations, especially in the retail industry. From self-service to personalization to just-in-time delivery, retailers have more pressure than ever to continue to rapidly innovate and transform their business to develop exceptional service. One way that retailers can innovate is through collaboration with innovation partners and other brands to help extend their reach and exposure, while introducing new ideas and tactics to their business.
Question: As a consumer in the retail industry, describe an example of an innovation in collaboration (internally or across companies) that has delivered an elevated customer experience. i.e. Starbucks and Spotify
The top teams will be notified by Wednesday, February 3nd, and each team member will be asked to register for the competition.