Acutronic Turbines Inc. (ATI) is looking for Mechanical Engineer interns to join its growing team in Austin, Texas. We offer an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on engineering experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Interns have multiples opportunities to gain real-world experience including, but not limited to: working closely with the engineering team, providing support through engineering design and analysis,
troubleshooting system-level problems, and evaluating technology. Our ideal candidates will be self-motivated, not afraid to “roll up their sleeves”, and be eager to learn.
For 45 years, Acutronic’s Motion Simulation & Test Division has been the global market leader in the development, design, and manufacture of Inertial Guidance Test Systems and Hardware-In-The-Loop motion simulators. These high-precision motion simulators are used in the aerospace, defense, automotive, and consumer electronics industries to test and calibrate sensors and missiles.
Acutronic’s Aerospace Components Division develops and manufactures specialty components for use on unmanned aerial vehicles and optionally-piloted aircraft. These products are used on next-generation aerospace programs and include a range of electric power systems, servo-actuators, micro-turbines and Hybrid-Electrical-Propulsion-Systems. Acutronic Aerospace offers standard products and excels at designing highly-customized solutions for demanding mission requirements.
Acutronic employs approximately 200 employees across its locations in Austin, TX; Pittsburgh, PA; Baltimore, MD; Switzerland; Germany, and India.
Acutronic is seeking experienced
Mechanical Engineering Interns
Your roles/responsibilities will include:
- Perform basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test and/or product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements;
- Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models and/or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements;
- Troubleshoot and isolate system level problems discovered during test activities or production and determine root-cause including design defects and production/supplier issues, and recommend near-term workaround;
- Provide support for multiple projects working closely with the engineering team;
- May independently evaluate, select, and apply standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
Your qualifications/skills should include:
- Excellent computer skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Understanding of engineering concepts and fundamentals;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as participate as part of a team;
- Multi-tasking ability;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Must have completed at least two years of academic studies at an accredited college or university;
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA in Mechanical Engineering coursework;
- Due to the nature of the projects, which are governed by ITAR and/or EAR, must be a US Citizen.
Position type / physical demand:
- This is a temporary, full-time position that will occur during Summer break from academic studies. The company operates on a ‘9/80’ schedule which means our employees work 80 hours over 9 business days and have every other Friday off;
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
Are you ready for a new challenge? If so, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
The Acutronic Company.
700 Waterfront Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
ATTN: Human Resource Department
Phone 412 926-1200
Fax 412 697-8111
Acutronic is an Equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at HR@acutronic.com or Phone 412.926.1200.