BGR Team Leader Description:
The Team Leader position is an entry-level, volunteer leadership role that supports the mission and vision of Boiler Gold Rush (BGR) and Boiler Gold Rush International (BGRi), Orientation Programs, the Student Success Programs department, and Purdue University. Team Leaders work to create an inclusive environment that enhances the growth and development of new students. Our mission in Orientation is to introduce and connect all new undergraduate students to Purdue University through student and staff led academic and social programming, both on campus and virtual, in order to prepare them for their Purdue experience.
All Team Leaders are responsible for actively participating in Team Leader trainings, events, and programs throughout the academic year as well as providing support to new students during the week of Boiler Gold Rush and Boiler Gold Rush International.
BGR Team Leader Requirements:
· You must be an undergraduate student at Purdue with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA that you maintain throughout the experience.
· You must be enrolled as a full-time student during the Spring semester.
If you are selected for the Team Leader position, you will be required to:
· Attend the Team Leader Retreat in April 2022
· Return to campus for and actively participate in Boiler Gold Rush 2022 (specific return dates will be shared at a later date)
· Participate in monthly Team Leader Trainings, beginning in April 2022
· Mentor a group of New Students
Callout: Wednesday, January 26 @ 6:00pm (ET) in CL50 224
Callout: Thursday, February 10 @ 6:00pm (ET) in WTHR 200
Students can apply by following this link!
Please note that these callouts are not required to be a Team Leader. If unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and our staff will get them answered.