Location: 6546 Corporate Drive,
Indianapolis IN 46278
Job Type: full time, permanent
We have a great opportunity for a Design Engineer, to join our friendly team in an established engineering business in Indianapolis.
The ideal candidate will have experience in CAD (Solid works) design, engineering drawings, with a good basic knowledge of automotive engines and systems. A hands on attitude is essential.
Quality in our business is a top priority and we need an individual who can demonstrate a high focus on quality and a right first-time attitude.
You will play a key role in the design of engine driven (FEAD) compressor mounting kits and accessories, the job role will involve running a project from concept through to testing and manufacture.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Produce engineering designs, 3D models and assemblies using Solid works software.
- Mechanical design calculations – FEA analysis and awareness of other computational analysis tools.
- Completing fully tolerance and detailed manufacturing drawings
- Project management
- Problem Solving
- Compiling BOM’s
- Assisting in the creation of fitting instructions for the products you design
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Proficient in Solid works
- A basic knowledge of automotive engines and systems.
- Ability to learn quickly with a good attention to detail.
- A keen, hands on inquisitive attitude towards all aspects of mechanical engineering
- A basic understanding of casting processes, jigs, tooling, and manufacturing processes.
- Experience using basic mechanical hand tools and participation in engineering related hobbies.
- Basic computer literacy, Microsoft Office skills are essential.
- Good time management, problem solving skills, communication skills, well organised, able to hit deadlines.
- Full Drivers Licence
- An ability to deliver under pressure with an appetite for success.
- A positive, proactive attitude, self-reliant with a high level of self-motivation.
- An engaging mind, open to new problems outside their normal comfort zone.
- A willingness to engage in debate and discussion.
- Empathy, a willingness to listen and see others’ points of view.
Full training will be provided to participate in design projects including liaising with other departments and members of the design team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see through design projects from start to finish and will enjoy an excellent opportunity within the business to gain skills and knowledge in an engineering and manufacturing environment. The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to travel to our sister company in the United Kingdom.