Remora is an early-stage climate tech startup backed by Y Combinator and Chris Sacca. We’re building a device that captures the carbon emissions from a semi truck. We sell the captured carbon dioxide to greenhouses and concrete producers, helping companies earn new revenue while meeting their climate commitments. Remora’s founders include a former EPA scientist who pioneered mobile carbon capture during her PhD, and a former diesel truck mechanic who went on to build hydrogen and electric semi trucks for some of the world’s largest automotive companies.
We’re rounding out our core team, and we’re looking for mechanical engineers who learn quickly and care deeply about tackling the climate crisis. Climate change disproportionately impacts communities of color, so we’re particularly looking for engineers who have demonstrated a commitment to racial justice. Everyone on the team earns the same exact salary ($80K!) and everyone owns significant equity. Interested? Apply now at remoracarbon.com/join.
A national engineering firm with a growing presence in Indianapolis, IN, is hiring a Design Engineer to support the local work they’re completing with Duke Energy and IPL. This work will focus around the infrastructure upgrade for Power Distribution Lines across the Central Indiana area. The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
- Perform engineering calculations that may include structural analysis, cable pulling, electric demand, transformer sizing, voltage drop and flicker, and coordination of protective devices.
- Complete assignments that may also include preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, developing BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements.
- Utilize proprietary CAD, GIS, and Work Management software to develop construction work packages for electrical distribution systems.
- Travel to various project locations located throughout the central Indiana area to conduct field investigations.
- Assist Senior engineers as needed.
- Interact with clients both internally and externally.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, or Design Engineering.
- Desire & Ability to lead team of engineers as well as complete complicated designs
- Ability to face client and represent business/self well
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
To apply, forward your resume to Laurin Holzinger @ email@example.com.
Avient is also hosting a Virtual Seminar with Purdue on Monday, February 1st 4:00-4:45PM EST. In this seminar, we will be discussing a very popular topic: Sustainability in the plastics industry. We will also give an overview of Avient and the opportunities we have to offer. WebEx link below:https://avient.webex.com/avient/j.php?MTID=m40e17b14d46b9b95cc14fa6f1b2eb20b