Applied Engineered Systems
40 Progress Parkway
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
As a Hydraulic System Engineer you will assist our sales force with technical expertise for the design of fluid power systems specific to customer applications. This includes preparing hydraulic schematics, structural integrity and layout design, test procedures, and product recommendations.
You will provide integral project management for these systems in a working environment that strives for the highest quality in our market, compliant with our certified ISO9001:2015/AS9100D Quality Management System.
- Develop hydraulic power unit designs, cost to produce, and assist sales with quote development.
- Provide technical drawings and schematics of fluid power systems.
- Review drawings, plans and other customer documents in order to prepare detailed technical proposals involving products and services offered.
- Propose changes in equipment, processes or use of materials, which would result in cost reduction or operational improvements for the customer.
- Provide technical services to customers relating the use, operation and maintenance of products represented.
- Develop business relationships with engineers and other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial and other establishments to create solutions that incorporate our products and systems.
- Maintain professional working contact with key suppliers of products sold.
- Coordinate projects with branch personnel, including sales and shop associates.
- Travel to vendor and customer locations occasionally required.
- Mechanical hands-on assistance may be required on occasion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Mechanical preferred
- Working knowledge of DesignCAD, AutoCAD, 3-D Modeling software, or SolidWorks
- 1+ years technical design knowledge of fluid power- primarily Hydraulics
- Ability to read / understand technical drawings. Preferred experience with Fluid Power schematic experience
- Fluid Power schematic design experience
- Fluid Power Industry experience
- Fluid Power certification from IFPS
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Listening, negotiating, and effective questioning skills.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Organization skills, detailed oriented and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency with Word, Excel and other Office applications
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously