The Office of Future Engineers (OFE) is has openings for Summer Peer Counselors!
Peer Counselors assist with a variety of aspects in helping high school students and their families on their college search journey.
The flexible summer position starts at $8.00/hour with the potential opportunity to return for the Fall 2022 semester and beyond.
Below is the current job description. If you have questions or would like to apply, please reach out to Lindsay Elias at email@example.com with your Summer schedule and resume.
Office of Future Engineers – Peer Counselors Position
The Office of Future Engineers is a main point of contact for prospective Purdue University Engineering students and their families. The office in Armstrong Hall of Engineering (ARMS1085) hires undergraduate students from Purdue University’s College of Engineering to provide information and answer questions about the Engineering Program and recruit prospective students, who are thinking about pursuing Engineering at Purdue. The student staff also serves as a supporting role for the Office of Future Engineers as a whole in planning programs and events for prospective students and their families. This position is open to any undergraduate student, who is currently pursuing a major in Purdue University’s College of Engineering. This student should be a motivated and committed team player that would portray Purdue University and the College of Engineering in a positive light to guests visiting Purdue. He/she must be willing to meet the expectations to accomplish the desired goals and objectives of the Office of Future Engineers.
- Check and respond to incoming emails.
- Answer phone calls and respond to questions accurately and concisely.
- Monitor online web chat, and respond via chat, voice call, or video chat.
- Provide testimonials about being an engineering student at Purdue.
- Present at Engineering Information Sessions for prospective students and their families.
- Meet and speak with prospective students and their families to provide them with information and clarification about the undergraduate Engineering program at Purdue.
- Give tours of Armstrong Hall and other Engineering facilities to prospective students and their families.
- Help develop programs which will include collaborating with current students and Alumni.
- Create and email invitations to prospective students for upcoming events across the country.
- Coordinate logistics for events on- and off-campus.
- Register and update participants in events online.
- Coordinate school and group visit requests.
- Help to maintain our social media presence by posting relevant articles, pictures, and videos.
- Coordinate chats and webinars with student staff and email invitations to admitted students.
- Assist with daily operations of the office including creating packets and other assignments as needed.
- Report to Office Manager for the Office of Future Engineers (Lindsay Elias firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Intermediate/advanced level user of Microsoft Office Suite- including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with databases, search engines, internet navigation