MATSYS, Inc. is seeking an energetic, solution-driven engineer to join its team of high- performing scientists, engineers and technicians at its Sterling, VA facility. The candidate will assist in the development of new products and material processes in the field of advanced materials for commercial and DoD applications. If you are looking to join a rapidly growing company that offers a dynamic, fast-paced, solution-driven work environment that combines applied theoretical engineering with hands on prototyping/manufacturing, MATSYS is the place for you.
- Integrate knowledge and develop new technologies to advance MATSYS’s operations
- Lead the development of new processes, new prototypes and new materials
- Work with commercial and DoD customers to capture design requirements and develop products for testing and evaluation
- Deliver innovation for our customers
- Manage technically complex programs within budget and schedule
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or related fields
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a position related to powder metallurgy and metal powder consolidation
- Ability to set up, operate, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and maintain industrial equipment
- A strong willingness to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre- requisite)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Track record of complex problem-solving aptitudes
- Consolidation of metal powders via Cold Isostatic Pressing (CIP), Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP), metal injection molding, laser and microwave sintering
- Experience in material characterization, including microstructural and mechanical properties
- A thorough, applied understanding of thermodynamic systems, structural mechanics and material science is desired
About MATSYS Inc.
MATSYS is an innovator in the development of new and revolutionary materials, technologies and processes for the DoD and commercial industries. Its experienced multidisciplinary team excels at solving problems ranging from the development of the next generation of powder-based materials and powder flow systems to advanced prototyping of specialty components of the next- generation alloys.