The Alternative Delivery of Academic Support Resources webpage is now available at https://www.purdue.edu/asc/online-resources.html. This site will continued to be updated as more academic resources across campus finalize their plans.
Updates about ASC Resources
- Academic Consultations will continue virtually. Students will still schedule through BoilerConnect and the academic consultant will reach out with more information. Consultations can include time management and other strategies for success in online courses as we know this will be a new experience for many of our students.
- Peer Success Coaching will continue virtually. PSCs will be reaching out to students they currently support with more details. Students can still sign up to be paired to meet with a PSC.
- ASC Workshops have been canceled, but we are working to offer Webinars as an alternative. Registration will be required and a recording of the webinar will be placed on our website afterward, once it has been made fully accessible. In addition to the preparing for workshops topic, we will have new topics offered related to being successful in online courses. We will share more about the webinars once logistics are finalized.
- We are still considering several aspects and options for Supplemental Instruction (SI).
- Group interviews for hiring SI Leaders for Fall 2020 will be held virtually and postponed a week so that applicants can have time to adjust to their new course formats. Applicants will receive direct email with more information.
- Careful consideration is being given to how to facilitate SI sessions and communicate changes to provide a maximized benefit and ease of access for all students (those supported by SI and our SI Leaders). More information will continued to be shared.