As Boilermakers, we keep learning and we keep going. Right now, Purdue University is working diligently to ensure fall-arriving students are prepped, protected — and empowered to keep others safe.
Part of the University’s on-campus welcome is the Protect Purdue wellness kit, which ensures students and faculty and staff are equipped to take a few small steps to keep everyone safe. The kits will be formally distributed on campus during Boiler Gold Rush for incoming and returning students ahead of the first day of school Monday, Aug. 24.
The kit includes useful gear like antibacterial gel and wipes, acetaminophen, a thermometer and a face shield. Plus, with a pair of black-and-gold branded face masks, students can get their game face on — while helping keep others safe. Importantly, the kit also includes a copy of the Protect Purdue Pledge.
Here are the details for campus distribution for undergraduate and graduate students as well as faculty members and staff.
- Participating in the Summer Start program received their kit at the start of that program.
- Participating in Boiler Gold Rush will receive their kit at the start of the program.
- With a Student Life housing contract will receive kit in residence hall room upon arrival.
- Living in Greek or co-operative housing will receive kit through house leadership.
- Renting off-campus housing will receive a kit in their rooms upon arrival if they are renting with one of the following: Alight West Lafayette, Aspire at Discovery Park, Basham Rentals, Blackbird Farms, Campus Edge on Pierce, Chauncey Square, The Cottages on Lindberg, Fuse, HiVine, Hub State Street, Lark West Lafayette, Muinzer Management, Rise on Chauncey and Village West.
Any undergraduate student not in one of the above categories can pick up a kit at several planned campus locations:
- A drive-thru option at Purdue Technology Center Aerospace, commonly known as the Rolls-Royce building at 1801 Newman Road, will be open next week from 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- A campus walk-up location, planned in front of Smith Hall, also will be open from 1-4 p.m. next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
You can receive a kit through Graduate School leadership and distribution sites planned in several locations across campus:
- Armstrong Hall (College of Engineering area tent – rain or shine)
- 1-4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17
- Beering Hall, facing University Hall (rain location Beering Hall lobby)
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 18
- These alternate sites during business hours today (Aug. 14) and the weeks of Aug. 17 and Aug. 24
- Graduate Student Center
- Graduate School-Young Hall
Faculty and staff members can get a kit through their department leadership. Procurement Services will begin delivering kits to department contacts the week of Aug. 17 and will continue through the end of August.
You are required to wear face masks when picking up wellness kits in person.
For more information or additional questions about the Protect Purdue wellness kits, contact email@example.com.