At Bell, thinking above and beyond is what we do best. For more than 80 years, we’ve been reimagining the experience of flight – and where it can take us.
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. Our people are what drives our products. Our engineers consistently come up with new ways of doing things to continue putting Bell at the front of aviation technology. Bell has the most advanced commercial and military aircraft in the world, and it’s because our people push each other to be their best and work creatively and tirelessly to get us there.
A Day in the Life of an Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer at Bell:
Bell is seeking entry-level Aerospace Engineers to join a dynamic team that is leading the future of vertical lift. We are seeking Engineers that strive daily for innovation and settle for nothing less than excellence. The selected candidate will support Bell Engineering in one or a variety of the following areas depending on business need:
Design Teams: Work with engineers to support new aircraft designs, conducting aircraft aerodynamic and structural analysis to optimize performance and weight.
Flight Test: Work with a team to safely conduct flight testing of new and innovative aircraft and provide data to substantiate aircraft performance.
Testing & Labs: Support the testing of new materials and aircraft components for development and certification.
Production Support: Support aircraft production by reviewing processes and working with vendors to provide on time quality deliveries to our customers
Fleet Support: Work with the all phases of the business provide overall support to our military and commercial customer requests.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Successful Engineering candidates would perform design engineering support; stress and fatigue analysis; aerodynamics analysis; flight test engineering and other engineering related activities, depending upon placement within the organization.
- The candidates will be assigned to projects and support Build Team personnel with information necessary to complete daily tasks.
- Work with engineers to resolve questions on estimated schedules and planning and make revisions if required.
- Work with engineering management to make recommendations for product improvements and implement these recommendations.
Minimum Requirements for an Aerospace/Mechanical Engineer at Bell:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- PC proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize a variety of assignments.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- 3.0 minimum overall, undergraduate GPA is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
Ideal Candidates Also Have:
- Internship experience, specifically at Bell or other aerospace companies.
- Participation in technical organizations like American Helicopter Society.
- Specific rotorcraft educational emphasis.
- Experience with rotorcraft related projects.
- Relevant software development; Guidance, Navigation, and Controls; Robotics.
- Leadership experience, experience in managing conflict, dealing with ambiguity, ability to be flexible, adaptable and ability to execute.
- Experience with CATIA or other Computer Aided Design programs; Nastran/Patran; MATLAB; C++.
- Automotive or other mechanical hands-on experience, experience flying (manned or unmanned) aircraft, computer programming, robotics.
- Experience in the military or aerospace industry.
- Possesses good communication skills; Is collaborative, humble, strives for excellence and is dependable.
- Is interested in aerospace, specifically in vertical flight.
- Collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where differences in experiences, backgrounds, and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Don’t miss the chance to join our team environment where you feel a sense of camaraderie. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
EEO Statement Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
09/01/2022, 10:31:54 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Claudia L Morales
Supplier Quality Assurance Systems Staff Specialist | Bell
Follow Us @bellflight