Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford – Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Position Role Type:Hybrid
Looking for the right runway for your career to take flight? Consider joining us here at Collins Aerospace, where we’re working side-by-side with customers on exciting industry possibilities. With a comprehensive portfolio, extensive capabilities and broad expertise, we’re crafting intelligent solutions to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market – all representing the best in innovation and technology for the industries we serve across commercial, business, space, and military and defense aviation.
With 68,000 employees across 46 countries around the world, we offer an extensive flight list of opportunities to explore the depth of our organization. We offer flexible work options to meet your needs by offering on-site, hybrid and remote roles. Join us and help build a more advanced, more autonomous, more connected, more electric and more sustainable future!
We are looking for a new entry-level engineer to join our team! The identified candidate will be involved in all aspects of the product thermal design.
- Execution of analysis and thermal design of key components (e.g., motor drives, converters) and subassemblies (e.g., transitions and diodes, inductors and transformers, printed wiring boards) within highly integrated Electronic Power Systems.
- Projects include transient and steady state thermal analyses of of liquid and forced air cooled power electronics and natural convection cooled control electronics.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software and internally developed tools will be used for these analyses.
- Perform thermal data analysis from development and qualification testing.
- Formally document analysis methods/results as well as test results.
- Communicate with parties within and outside of own team to explain facts, policies and practices related to work area, influencing decision-makers with recommended courses of action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Aero-Astro and 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships)
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Course work in Thermodynamics and Fluid dynamics
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.